Nagraj Kashyap of Softbank joins Nick to discuss The Future of Softbank and Vision Fund 2, Creative Monetization of User Growth, and Why VC’s Missed on Zoom. In this episode we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- How do you think through horizontal, vertical, or geographic expansion and when the right time is to do so?
- You were an investor in the first institutional seed round in Zoom. Any thoughts on what other VC’s missed at the time?
- How do you evaluate an investment opportunity?
- What key things are you looking for in a consumer startup?
- How do you consider fitting the right monetization to the right business and market?
- What current and upcoming trends are you monitoring closely in Ecommerce?
- Last week, news came out that Sequoia is moving to a single, evergreen fund model with both public and private holdings. Who benefits most from the new structure and will other firms follow suit?
The host of The Full Ratchet is Nick Moran, General Partner of New Stack Ventures, a venture capital firm committed to investing in the exceptions.
To learn more about New Stack Ventures by visiting our Website and LinkedIn and be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Want to keep up to date with The Full Ratchet? Subscribe to our podcast and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Are you a founder looking for your next investor? Visit our free tool VC-Rank and tell us about your business. We’ll send a list of possible investors right to your email’s InBox!
Transcribed by https://otter.ai