Lolita Taub & Jesse Middleton of The Community Fund join Nick to discuss The Fund that Started on Twitter, Why Community-driven Startups Win, and Embracing the Underestimated. In this episode, we cover:
- Background of Lolita & Jesse
- How did the two of you meet and ultimately decide to launch a fund together?
- What’s the thesis at the Community Fund?
- Conflicts or issues running multiple funds that invest at similar stages?
- Why did you create a distributed investment team of 13?
- How did you select them?
- Approach to investing in cold reach outs?
- How does decision-making work?
- What does a great founder look like to you?
- You invest in community-driven companies… what does that mean, and how do you define community-driven?